Are you one of those homeowners who believe that air conditioning maintenance is not necessary? If so, you are not alone. Many homeowners do not think about scheduling regular AC maintenance until something goes wrong. However, neglecting your AC unit can lead to expensive repairs and even poorer performance. In this guide, we will discuss the importance of AC maintenance and provide a complete guide on how to properly maintain your system. We hope that this information will help you keep your home cool and comfortable all summer long!
What Is AC Maintenance?
AC maintenance is the process of regularly cleaning and inspecting your air conditioning unit to ensure that it is operating properly. This type of maintenance can help prevent minor issues from becoming major problems, and it can also extend the lifespan of your AC unit. Additionally, regular AC maintenance can improve the efficiency of your unit, helping you save money on your energy bills.
Why Is AC Maintenance Important?
As we mentioned above, there are several reasons why AC maintenance is important.
1) To avoid costly repairs – By keeping your AC unit in good working order, you can avoid having to pay for expensive repairs.
2) To prolong the life of your AC unit – With regular maintenance, you can help to extend the lifespan of your AC unit and get more years of use out of it.
3) To improve AC efficiency – When your AC unit is well-maintained, it will run more efficiently and effectively, helping to keep your energy bills down.
4) To ensure safe operation – Developing problems with your AC unit can result in serious safety hazards, so it’s important to keep up with regular maintenance in order to avoid these risks.
5) To maintain indoor air quality – Your AC unit has a big impact on the quality of the air in your home, so it’s important to keep it clean and well-maintained to ensure that the air you’re breathing is healthy is called indoor air quality.
These are just a few of the reasons why AC maintenance is so important. If you have an AC unit, be sure to keep up with regular maintenance in order to enjoy all of these benefits.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
There are a few different things that should be included in your AC maintenance routine.
1) Cleaning the condenser coils – The condenser coils are responsible for removing heat from the air passing through them. If these coils get dirty, they won’t be able to do their job properly and your AC unit will have to work harder to cool your home.
2) Cleaning the evaporator coils – The evaporator coils are responsible for absorbing heat from the air in your home. If these coils get dirty, they won’t be able to do their job properly and your home will start to feel stuffy and uncomfortable.
3) Checking the refrigerant level – The refrigerant is what helps to cool the air passing through your AC unit. If the level of refrigerant is low, it can cause your AC unit to work harder than necessary and drive up your energy bills.
4) Checking the air filter – The air filter helps to remove contaminants from the air passing through your AC unit. If the filter is dirty, it won’t be able to do its job properly and the quality of the air in your home will suffer.
5) Checking the ductwork – The ductwork is responsible for delivering cool air from your AC unit to the rooms in your home. If there are any leaks or holes in the ductwork, it can cause cool air to escape and make your AC unit work harder than necessary.
6) Checking the thermostat – The thermostat is responsible for regulating the temperature in your home. If it isn’t working properly, it can cause your AC unit to work harder than necessary and drive up your energy bills.
These are just a few of the things that should be included in your AC maintenance routine. Be sure to consult with a professional to ensure that you are including everything that needs to be done in order to keep your AC unit in good working order.
How Often Should AC Maintenance Be Done?
AC maintenance should be done at least once a year, and more often if you live in an area with high temperatures and humidity levels.
It’s a good idea to schedule your AC maintenance for the spring, before the summer heat sets in. This will give you peace of mind knowing that your AC unit is ready to keep your home cool and comfortable all summer long.
If you haven’t had your AC unit serviced in a while, or if you’re not sure if it’s been serviced properly, it’s a good idea to have it checked by a professional. They will be able to identify any problems and perform the necessary maintenance to get your AC unit up and running properly.
The bottom line is that AC maintenance is crucial to the longevity and efficiency of your unit. By following the tips in this guide, you can keep your AC running smoothly for years to come.
If you have any questions about AC maintenance or need help troubleshooting a problem, contact a qualified HVAC technician for assistance.
Need AC Maintenance?
Crossway Mechanical is a family-owned business providing affordable HVAC services to customers in Tomball, TX, and surrounding areas. Our team of NATE-certified technicians is available 24/7 to help you with all your AC maintenance needs.
Give us a call today at 832-250-6191 to schedule a service appointment.