Maintaining your air conditioner is an important part of proper home maintenance. By completing a few simple tasks regularly, you can help to ensure that your AC unit runs more efficiently and lasts longer. This Ultimate AC Unit Maintenance Checklist for Homeowners provides step-by-step instructions for maintaining your AC unit in top working condition. With this checklist, you’ll be able to keep your house cool, comfortable, and energy-efficient all summer long. We recommend scheduling professional AC unit maintenance in Tomball, TX at least once a year.
Let’s get started!
- Change or clean the air filter once a month: Your air filter is one of the most important components of your HVAC system, as it helps to keep dust, dirt, pollen, and other airborne particles from circulating throughout your home. To ensure your system is running smoothly and efficiently, it’s important to change or clean your air filter at least every month.
- Vacuum around the indoor unit: Even if you have a sealed system, dirt, dust, and debris can still build up around the indoor unit and block airflow. This can cause your AC unit to work harder than necessary, leading to decreased efficiency and higher energy bills. To prevent this problem, vacuum the indoor unit regularly (at least once every three months).
- Clean out any leaves or debris from outside: Leaves and other debris can easily clog up the fins of the outside condenser unit, reducing its effectiveness. To prevent this from happening, it’s important to clean out any leaves or debris from the area around the outside unit regularly (at least once a month).
- Check for refrigerant leaks: Refrigerant leaks can decrease your AC unit’s efficiency and cause higher energy bills. It’s important to check for signs of refrigerant leaks at least once a year, such as puddles of liquid near the condenser unit or whistling noises coming from the system. If you suspect there is a leak, contact an HVAC technician right away.
- Inspect wiring and connections: Loose wiring or faulty connections can cause major problems with your AC unit, so it’s important to inspect the wiring and connections at least once a year. Make sure all connections are tight and secure, and check for any fraying or exposed wires. If you spot any issues, contact an HVAC technician right away.
By following these steps regularly, you can help to ensure that your AC unit runs more efficiently and lasts longer. Several air conditioning installation contractors in Tomball, TX can provide additional assistance if needed.
At Crossway Mechanical, we understand how important proper AC unit maintenance is for Tomball, TX homeowners. We offer comprehensive AC unit maintenance services and can help you keep your system in top working condition all year long. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for air conditioning repair for your Tomball, TX home!